Thursday 11 July 2013

I Peter 2:2-3 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word,
that ye may grow thereby: 3. If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is
gracious.
   
    I have recently developed a love for chocolate. I have always heard
people rave about how great chocolate is, but for most of my life I was
never really that interested in it. Recently, I have developed a taste for
chocolate and now sometimes even crave it. In a sense I guess you could
say I have been converted to being a chocolate lover. I think it probably
happened when I received some chocolate as a gift. It may sound strange
to some people, but I was never very interested in chocolate until recently.
Once I paid attention to it and tasted that is was good, I wanted more of it.
We only have so much time and we are going to fill it with something. On
Sunday we talked a fair bit about how there are a lot of things that are in
competition to be that something. We can look at how we spend our time
and learn what our priorities are. It is a great exercise to sit down and write
out everything that you do with your time, then write down how much time
you spend doing each thing. Once you have done that, order those things
according to how much time you spend doing each one from the largest
amount of time to the least amount of time. Now you have a list of your
priorities from most important to least important. Where did God and His
Word fall in the list?
    If we are going to fill ourselves with good spiritual food, we have to start
somewhere. Salvation is obviously the first step. When you have salvation
you have tasted that the Lord is good. The Lord is good and His word is full
of joy. The more we are around Him, the more we want to be with Him, the
more we are in His Word the more we desire it. If you want to know the
Lord and His word more, the way to do that is to move Him up your priority

list. -PC

No comments:

Post a Comment